Dr. A. S. Burrows House
Built c. 1880
American Foursquare Style
The original owner of the house, Dr. A. S. Burrows was a medicine man providing various services (some describe as quackery) out of his home on Clayton & Clay. One of his many infamous services was the art of Curapathy, bringing blood vessels closer to the skin's surface.
In 1907, Alvin Goetz purchased the home. Members of his family lived at 515 S. Clayton St. for nearly 100 years. In 1910, Goetz discovered a vein of natural gas 150 feet underneath the property, which was used as a fuel source.