Dimmitt’s Grove Neighborhood Association
● Meeting was called to order at 6:34 PM at the Green Top Grocery Cafe by President
● 15 association members total present for the duration of the meeting and introductions
were made prior to any neighborhood business: Brad Williams of 613 E. Grove, Karen
Schmidt of 409 E. Grove, Melani Hunter of 603 E. Grove, Kathryn Kerr of 608 E. Front,
Pamala Eaton of 512 E. Taylor, Amanda Fein and Eli Eisele of 705 E. Olive, Megan Ortiz
of 710 E. Front, Theresa Necessary of 404 S. McLean, Jerica Etheridge of 407 S.
Evans, Sarah Hanzel of 601 E. Jackson, Heather Coe of 403 E. Olive, Brandon, August,
and Sarah Gray of 507 E. Taylor.
● The minutes from last meeting were approved along with minutes from the previous
● The treasurer reported a balance of $3012.11 in the Neighborhood account with no
current expenses and no activity since the Bake Sale
● Old business consisted of discussion on the planning commission, our historic signs
project, and the walking tour pamphlets
○ Planning Commission – Our Neighborhood plan was approved and accepted at
the January 9th meeting. Brad Williams was in attendance and was appreciative
of the Commission’s decision in the face of some opposition. A discussion of
R3B zoning around the downtown area took place, including the historical
reasons for initially adopting this zoning plan after WW2 and the potential
negative impacts to the affected areas due to inappropriate development. Plans
were made to share these concerns with other affected neighborhoods in an
attempt to present a unified front towards change. Karen Schmidt would be
coordinating with the West Side.
○ Historic Signs – The Committee reiterated the plan to recruit another 12
neighborhood homes to add Historic Signs this year and also highlighted some of
the difficulties involved in populating the QR linked website pages associated
with each sign/home. At this point, only one of the original 12 sign owners has
submitted data for this and Sarah Hanzel was encouraging for the other sign
owners to submit their histories, but apprehensive of the difficulties in moving that
data from emails and onto the website. Brandon and Sarah Gray offered to help
○ Walking Tour Pamphlets – The Walking Tour Pamphlets remain in the editing
process with Committee members wanting wait for more sunshine and greener
trees before finishing the photography.
● New business consisted of discussion on the Winter Social, the Dimmitt’s Grove plan
submission to City Council, and the FGNA hosted Crockpot Cookoff.
○ Winter Social – Sarah Gray presented information from Bella at Meltdown on
specifics and availability for another screen printing social. Tee shirts purchased
there are $15 for the first, $10 for each after. Outside items brought in are $10
for the first and $5 for each after. The preferred start time is 5:30 and no rental
fee is charged. Some dates were discussed and all in attendance expressed a
preference for February 21. Sarah Gray will follow up to confirm date availability
and additional details relating to food and drinks. Also, those in attendance
approved funds for Sarah Hanzel to purchase baby onesies, grocery bags, and
other items to be screen printed and sold/given away by the neighborhood.
○ City Council – Now that the Dimmitt’s Grove Neighborhood Plan has been
approved by the City Planning Commission, it will be presented to the City
Council for consideration. At this point, amendments are being considered prior
to that presentation addressing the R3B zoning issue among others. There are
also some edits in consideration to make correlation of the Neighborhood Plan
and the City Comprehensive Plan easier to see as well as correlation between
the Neighborhood Plan and items that have already been actionable.
○ Crockpot Cookoff – FGNA is hosting a Crockpot Cookoff with DGNA and DT at
A&B Hatchery on March 3rd
● Committees reporting included the Block Captains and Safety
○ Block Captains – Donnie was not present, but the monthly crime report including
a small handful of minor crimes was reviewed.
○ Safety – Brad reported on the modern body cameras being used BPD
● Next meeting will be March 7 @ 7:00 PM hosted by Jerica Etheridge at 407 S. Evans.
● Meeting was called adjourned at 7:30 PM by President Brad Williams
One thought on “Meeting Minutes-January 10, 2019”
thank you ‘-)