Meeting Minutes-January 10, 2019

Dimmitt’s Grove Neighborhood Association

● Meeting was called to order at 6:34 PM at the Green Top Grocery Cafe by President

Brad Williams

● 15 association members total present for the duration of the meeting and introductions

were made prior to any neighborhood business: Brad Williams of 613 E. Grove, Karen

Schmidt of 409 E. Grove, Melani Hunter of 603 E. Grove, Kathryn Kerr of 608 E. Front,

Pamala Eaton of 512 E. Taylor, Amanda Fein and Eli Eisele of 705 E. Olive, Megan Ortiz

of 710 E. Front, Theresa Necessary of 404 S. McLean, Jerica Etheridge of 407 S.

Evans, Sarah Hanzel of 601 E. Jackson, Heather Coe of 403 E. Olive, Brandon, August,

and Sarah Gray of 507 E. Taylor.

● The minutes from last meeting were approved along with minutes from the previous

meeting

● The treasurer reported a balance of $3012.11 in the Neighborhood account with no

current expenses and no activity since the Bake Sale

● Old business consisted of discussion on the planning commission, our historic signs

project, and the walking tour pamphlets

○ Planning Commission – Our Neighborhood plan was approved and accepted at

the January 9th meeting. Brad Williams was in attendance and was appreciative

of the Commission’s decision in the face of some opposition. A discussion of

R3B zoning around the downtown area took place, including the historical

reasons for initially adopting this zoning plan after WW2 and the potential

negative impacts to the affected areas due to inappropriate development. Plans

were made to share these concerns with other affected neighborhoods in an

attempt to present a unified front towards change. Karen Schmidt would be

coordinating with the West Side.

○ Historic Signs – The Committee reiterated the plan to recruit another 12

neighborhood homes to add Historic Signs this year and also highlighted some of

the difficulties involved in populating the QR linked website pages associated

with each sign/home. At this point, only one of the original 12 sign owners has

submitted data for this and Sarah Hanzel was encouraging for the other sign

owners to submit their histories, but apprehensive of the difficulties in moving that

data from emails and onto the website. Brandon and Sarah Gray offered to help

if needed.

○ Walking Tour Pamphlets – The Walking Tour Pamphlets remain in the editing

process with Committee members wanting wait for more sunshine and greener

trees before finishing the photography.

● New business consisted of discussion on the Winter Social, the Dimmitt’s Grove plan

submission to City Council, and the FGNA hosted Crockpot Cookoff.

○ Winter Social – Sarah Gray presented information from Bella at Meltdown on

specifics and availability for another screen printing social. Tee shirts purchased

there are $15 for the first, $10 for each after. Outside items brought in are $10

for the first and $5 for each after. The preferred start time is 5:30 and no rental

fee is charged. Some dates were discussed and all in attendance expressed a

preference for February 21. Sarah Gray will follow up to confirm date availability

and additional details relating to food and drinks. Also, those in attendance

approved funds for Sarah Hanzel to purchase baby onesies, grocery bags, and

other items to be screen printed and sold/given away by the neighborhood.

○ City Council – Now that the Dimmitt’s Grove Neighborhood Plan has been

approved by the City Planning Commission, it will be presented to the City

Council for consideration. At this point, amendments are being considered prior

to that presentation addressing the R3B zoning issue among others. There are

also some edits in consideration to make correlation of the Neighborhood Plan

and the City Comprehensive Plan easier to see as well as correlation between

the Neighborhood Plan and items that have already been actionable.

○ Crockpot Cookoff – FGNA is hosting a Crockpot Cookoff with DGNA and DT at

A&B Hatchery on March 3rd

● Committees reporting included the Block Captains and Safety

○ Block Captains – Donnie was not present, but the monthly crime report including

a small handful of minor crimes was reviewed.

○ Safety – Brad reported on the modern body cameras being used BPD

● Next meeting will be March 7 @ 7:00 PM hosted by Jerica Etheridge at 407 S. Evans.

● Meeting was called adjourned at 7:30 PM by President Brad Williams

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s